Sunday, January 04, 2009

Middle East Again!

Israel’s Gaza incursion continues as the ground offensive intensifies. While I hope for a minimal loss of life in the course of this operation, I do believe that it is necessary at times. Sometimes mere words are not sufficient to thwart the perpetrators of terror. And the Palestinians and the Hamas have amply demonstrated that. While they a quick to condemn the Israeli military action there is never a word spoken about the continuing rocket attacks. Some may feel that a couple of rockets that killed just four Israelis is no reason to start a war. Consider this. You always leave home after checking the weather in case it rains right? What if the rain came in the form of a rocket that would shatter you and your family to bits? How safe would you feel then?
And there are already some discussions comparing this action by Israel to the lack of action on India’s part. However I do not think the situation is exactly similar. I will describe my thoughts on this in a later post.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, the Gazan crisis has kept me glued to the news as well, though not as rivetting as 26/11. Whatever said and unsaid, I have the deepest admiration and fascination for that country. If one takes the effort to absorb an unbiased trip across the 60 year history of the Jewish state, I am certain my feelings would stand justified.

I have been reading many bloggers from the region ie Israel, JOrdan and Syria and its interesting being a listener in their never ending debates/discussions. Off course, my own dear country and its hapless state of affairs cringe at the back of my mind when I get exposed to happenings in the Levant.

The current Israeli offensive is justifiable but what is debatable is their 'unequitable' response to home made, salvaged Qassam rockets of Hamas.

I await your next post on "What can India learn from this". Have my own views on that but shall hold them till I listen to yours.

Cheerio

1/04/2009 10:42 pm  
Blogger EQUINOX said...

@666: From Lurins blog, the attacks have been going on for 6 years. However I too wish the loss of civilian lives could be avoided. however it is a reality of war.

1/06/2009 10:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home