Monday, July 24, 2006

City of Dreams - Episode Drei!

Sheer Melody...
I could go on and on about the wonderful time we spent during the training sessions at I-flex. However the way it culminated was something I regard as very special. It was the penultimate day of the non-technical training sessions. About 4 in the evening and everyone was looking restive, almost willing the clock to reach the magical 5 p.m. mark signaling freedom from the closed confines of the room. Just then one of my friends requested him to sing the special song. He agreed. He sang ‘Annie’s Song’. I was not acquainted with this talent of his and just looked on with awe. The person who had made the request was already making gestures of obeisance with his hands.
I consider myself to be a person who has a taste for (what I consider to be) good music. So I was dumbfounded when I realized I failed to have an iota of knowledge about this song. I have always rued the fact that I cannot sing and hence respect people who are blessed with the gift of melody in their voices. And here he was, just another fresh trainee like the rest of us. And yet at that moment he was at a plane that few among the rest of us could hope to reach.
To readers who were not present there this narration may seem a tad hyperbolized. However I have since heard the original version of the song and to this date I maintain that I have never been as captivated as I was on that day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur right .... i had a friend who sang unchained melody .... maan .... it was pure bliss

7/25/2006 11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess, more than the song, its the emotions with which the person u are talking about(as if i dont knw who :D)sang it, that made it so special and unforgetable.. isnt it ?

7/27/2006 11:03 pm  
Blogger EQUINOX said...

yes aru... and u wud know that even better i think!!

8/02/2006 8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home